- Our Youth Leader Andrew Dickson and his teams from both 1st & 2nd Islandmagee have just completed back to back weeks with Holiday Bible Club and Impact Week. Great results emerged from all the hard work put in to make this a success. Congratulations and thanks to everyone involved. Maybe Andrew might get time to produce a short summary before he sets off on his next project to the Ukraine!!
- The Coffee Morning hosted by Maynard & Margaret Cathcart has raised approximately £700 which has been donated to the Ukraine Teams projects. Well done particularly to Maynard & Margaret and everyone that supported the venture.
- Ukraine Fund Raising Dinner – A very successful night was held and the sum of £923 was raised. Well Done to those that organised and those that supported.
- Ukraine Teams - We have two teams going out this year, the first of which, the Youth team head off on the 10 August headed by Andrew Dickson
- Requests for Hymns: If you have a psalm, hymn or song which you would like us to sing during a service in the next couple of months please leave a note of it (with book and number if possible) in the box marked “Hymn Requests” on the table in the vestibule.
- PW Salad Lunch – Through the efforts of the PW, the ladies raised the sum of £500 which is going to Church Funds. Great effort by all involved
- Plant Sale – Congratulations to Iris Tweed on a very successful day at the community centre. The total raised to date is £1125.50. Iris obviously spends hours, days, weeks and months propagating her plants for this day and her efforts are really appreciated by the church. Thanks, also to all who assisted with this great fund-raising effort.
- Walking Group -The newly formed Walkie Talkies next walk is on Thursday 16 August .Would everyone meeting at the Community Centre at 7.10pm, proceed to the car park opposite the entrance to Carnfunnock ie. on the sea side of the road. Organisers will be Tommy & Margo Noteman.
- As a congregation we are now under the care of Carrickfergus Presbytery, they have appointed the Rev Richard Graham the Minister of Joymount Presbyterian Church as the convener of our vacancy. Rev Richard Graham is on holiday until the end of August. Anyone needing the services of a minister should contact Marie Kane 93373706 or Mavis Mulholland 93353035 who will ensure that pastoral support is made available.
- Photographs – We really lack photographs from all aspects of the church. Please take a bit of time to put together those that would be of interest
11.15am Prayer Time Ministers Room
Communion. See Sunday Services page for dates.
6.30pm-8pm- Impact (1st & 3rd Sun - Community Centre, 2nd & 4th Sun - 2nd Islandmagee Church Halls)
7.00pm-Church Service-(CC)-(1st and 3rd Sundays)
2.15pm-3.15 Homework Club-P1&2 -(CC)
3.15pm-4.15 Homework Club - P3-7 - (CC)
6.15pm - 7.15 Junior Girls Brigade 3yrs-P4 -(CH)
7.30pm - 8.45 Senior Girls Brigade-P5 - 18yrs - (CH)
10.00am-11.30 Postman Pat-(CH)
8.00pm- Tuesday Fellowship - (CH)
4pm - 5.30pm - Youth Drop-in (Chapter 1)
2.00pm-4.00pm-"The Hub" Drop in Centre-(FC)
2.15pm-3.15pm- Homework Club (P1-P2)-(CC)
3.15pm-4.00pm - Homework Club (P3-P7)-(CC)
6.45pm-7.45pm - Anchor Boys-(CC)
6.45pm-7.45pm - Junior Section Boys’ Brigade-(CC)
8.00pm-9.30pm - Company/ Section Boys’ Brigade-(CC)
7.30pm-Choir Practice-(CR) See Calendar
8.00pm-P.W.- All women welcome-(CH)-2nd Wed each month)
7.00pm Band Rehearsals (Church) See Calendar
7.30pm - 9 pm - Impact Youth Club Age 11+ (CC)
CH - Church Hall
CC - Community Centre
FC - Football Club
CR - Choir Room